Friday, August 20, 2010

I just read a couple tutorials from fox-orian and feel, for lack of a better term, kinda brain-fucked. Seriously hardcore stuff there. Reading it really makes me want to try harder and practice harder at the scribblings I call art. His work is really awesome. And I mean that in the original intention of the word - awe inspiring. The way he talked about composition and perspective and balance, scale, depth, and whatnot really has my mind reeling. It's a good feeling. Makes me want to get a giant table and start to work extra hard on my works. I have a strong desire to draw something ANYTHING using what he's said, but I'm at work, so I can't...especially since I have a speech kid coming in a few minutes. This one thing he said: REMEMBER THAT COMPOSITION AND CRITICAL THINKING ARE IMPORTANT SKILLS THAT ALL ARTISTS MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH. is something that I really need to remember. I think that I don't think enough about what I'm drawing when I do draw. And I hardly ever have backgrounds. I think I am still at the stage where I need to work on my figures a bit more then start on bgs and whatnot while continuing with the figures. I know I have a lot of work to do on my drawing and I haven't been putting in nearly enough time for it lately. Perhaps I need to just take the plunge and not worry so much about if it comes out "perfect" or whatnot. Just doing it may be a good start. If I fail, at least I may be able to get some good critiques out of it and learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment