Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2009.01.26

Today school was pretty good. Not too much time to speak with the students, but that is okay. A teacher was late arriving at one of the classes so I got to be in charge for about 15 minutes. It wasn't too bad since I knew approximately what it was we were supposed to be doing. So, I made them repeat after me like how I would have done with the teacher in the room. And, just as I was trying to figure out what to do next, the teacher came and I could take my place again in the background. I like it there. Being there for random entertainment and pronunciation checks is nice...especially if I don't have anything on me for them to do...like worksheets. It was third years, so it wasn't so bad. Not that it would have been terrible in any grade.
After school, I went home, had some dinner, and then went to the Book-Off. There, I found Misery. That made me happy. I also got a couple of fighting games. I'm thinking about having people over for on Saturday, but I'm not sure. I think I will though. It should he fun.
After that bit of shopping, I went to the gym in plenty of time for the Boxercise class. I'm thinking of taking up a dance class. I just can't decide between hip-hop and belly dance. I want to learn hip-hop, but I've already studied belly dance for a while and I feel like I should continue with it. Assuming I can get more motivated, I'll do both, but the question is: which do I start with? Hip-hop will be better to get me in shape, but belly dance is good for muscle training, especially the...belly...
For some odd reason my shins hurt. Like the muscles there. I'm not sure why. Oh well. It's not that important.
The boxercise class was rather interesting. I enjoyed it. I'm amazingly uncoordinated, but that is okay. I have yet to fall down or punch myself in the face (although I have nicked myself once), so it's not that bad.
After the class (and the shower and changing...) I returned home and eventually went to sleep.
...you know, sometimes I forget that I'm obviously foreign until an old man stares at me while walking by. That's the moment of realization. It kinda sucks to be a freak show, but it could be worse. Most of the people here aren't trying to kill me.
...
which actually sounds more depressing than it is. I admit, I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment