Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2009.01.27

Elementary school today. I just wasn't in the mood for it today. Luckily it did get a bit better. I found that I enjoyed the male teachers' classes more. They seemed more lively and I appreciate the loud classes - they give you more to work with. Quiet classes are just that - QUIET. At least the loud ones give you a chance to have verbal exchange...some of which is hopefully along the lines of what you wanted to teach. Of course I'm not actually a real teacher. I've only had a few classes to myself, made activities, and spoken. Perhaps if I did more of that grammar teaching it's be a different story, but I have a feeling it wouldn't.

I realized today that if I learned 2 kanji a day from now until the end of May that I'd only learn about 232. Not enough for the JLPT but about 232 more than I know now. I should really get on that. My studying has been almost nonexistent lately. Ant it's not like I don't need to study. I do. A lot. I just need to get into the habit of studying again. I'm never going to achieve my goals unless I buckle down and get serious...serious about about stuff that I should be serious about. Like bar tending. Gotta learn how to make them drinks. Maybe barista-ing. I'm a man of few talents. It's time I made it a few more.

I did get to go to an 1-nen sei class. It was good. I enjoyed it. I found a book in the classroom that I might want to try out...assuming I can find it for ¥100.

Waited for the bus, as one is supposed to do when they want to ride it. I sent out a giant text about Saturday. It's out there now. There's going to be a party at my place, and it's gonna be fun. A PS is involved, so it has to be fun. It's an unwritten rule. Which means that I besta get my apartment in line...

Came home and did a bang-up job on the cleaning. It's not 100% complete, but it's at least at 90%. AT LEAST. I'm proud of myself for this. Granted, it'll be messy within a week, but that is not the point. The point is that at at least one point in time while I lived here, the apartment was clean and orderly. I also did some laundry. Yeah for laundry! Had to wash them gym clothes.

Useless Japanese Word of the day: nanji: thee. It also means 'what time?' if you make it questioning at the end. Oh yeah. I learned that word from a video game. Yeah for video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment