Saturday, January 31, 2009

Year End Review 2008

From Candi:

The Year-End Review

With 2008 past, it's time too look back at what's past, so that I can move forward to the future. And what better way to do that then to steal a blog entry from someone? ;)

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Got a job, went to it, did it in a foreign language, and gave a couple of speeches - one to about 800 people, another to two groups of 3rd years, and the last to a group of important bureaucratic people...in a foreign language.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, but I know of two cases of pregnancy.

3. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

4. What countries did you visit?
Japan.

5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A toner body.

6. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
"I have to go to the zoo and/or the aquarium with two of my students" because that is just classic.
Leaving for Japan.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I gave speeches and didn't die. I can now stand in front of the class and not feel like I'm going to have a heart attack.

8. What was your biggest failure?
My inability when it comes to social...things.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Minor ones, and ones to pride/the heart.

10. What was the best thing you bought?
A PS2.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Damn near everyone I know for reasons they should know.

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This girl I know who won't stop complaining.

13. Where did most of your money go?
Books.

14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
That guy.
Teaching.
Going to Japan.
Making jokes with the students.

15. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I'm not sure. Perhaps 'Pumpkin Soup.'

16. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner
iii. richer or poorer? Richer...at least in experience

17. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise, practicing, and drawing.
Hanging out with my mom/friends.

18. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Retarded things.

19. How did you spend Christmas?
At work.

20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I feel into affection, perhaps not love.

21. How many one-night stands?
0.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Stargate SG-1

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think so.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kate Nash.

25. What did you want and get?
A PS2.
Stargate SG-1 Season 1.
Books.

26. What did you want and not get?
A clear understanding of what's going on.

27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Dark Knight.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to work, read some 'thank you' notes from the students I gave a speech to, and then went home. I turned 23.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A clear understanding of what the bloody hell is going on.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
"Let's dress more professionally 'cause now you have a job you filthy hobo"

31. What kept you sane?
Music. Liquor. Dancing.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Verbal is still up there.
Hugh Jackman.
Johnny Depp.

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Elections.

34. Who did you miss?
My mom.

35. Who was the best new person you met?
Darn near all the people I've met over here.

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Just have it./Just do it.
Be in it to win it.
You can't change the past, so don't regret it/do things you think you will regret.
Pride is a useless thing. Just have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment