Monday, March 30, 2009

2009.03.27

12 people are leaving the school. It was really sad to watch them all say a little speech. The last two women almost cried. That made me almost cry, but not really - a little teary perhaps, but not crying level.
Otherwise, I’m just really tired. Doing nothing all day wears me out. Not to mention going to bed at about 1 in the morning and waking up at 6.30. I’m sure I’ll wake up as the day goes on, but, for right now (about 8), I’m tired. Sleepy tired, not ‘I’ve done too much on too little’ tired…that comes later tonight.
Speaking of tonight, it’s an enkai (drinking party). They are fun, but I’m not sure I want to go. But, I said I’d go, so I will. It’s just a matter of if I’ll stay out all night like there were plans to do, or if I’ll shell out the cash for a taxi come 1AM. That could happen. It could. But, it’s Ladies Night, so it may be club going for me tonight. It’s been so long since I’ve been to a club, it should be fun…unless it sucks. In which case it’ll suck. But, again, I won’t know that until it happens.

Got some boots the other day – I LOVE them. I’ll be wearing them come tonight. Or, I plan on it at least. I might not if it doesn’t look right. Formal wear to a drunken party…what up with that? Not that it matters. I’ll do what I must to have crazy drunken adventures with the people I work with…although it’s almost never an adventure…just drunken.

We had a good-bye ceremony for the teachers leaving today. It was nice. All the students came to it. Some students from years past came as well. I did rather enjoy watching them all. These teachers really are more like parents/friends to the students than they are in the states. It could be a good thing or a bad thing; I’m leaning towards good thing. It was also fun to talk with the students again. It’s really amazing how a bad day can turn good just by talking with someone(s). Who woudda thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment