Wednesday, April 1, 2009

2009.04.01

First day of April, eh? Where has the time gone?
We met the new teachers today – there’s 11 of them. I saw an old(er) woman yesterday and I remember her because she had a rather strange stomach. It looks as if she’s pregnant – I can hope she’s not at her age. She’s one of the new teachers. She needs to smile, me thinks, and speak up. She has such a soft voice for such a severe face. I said konnichiwa to her when she was emerging from the squatter and she said nothing to me. She’s not an English teacher, so I’m safe…safer. The new English teachers look nice. I’ve met one before when I helped out at a school near here. At least I think I met him. I’m not sure. It was for about a minute a few months ago, so it could very well not be him at all. I hope I can learn to work well with them. I introduced myself to them. The one teacher remembers me, so hopefully I made a good impression at that time.
One of the teachers told me to leave early if I’ve nothing to do. Then the one who sits beside me asked if I had nenkyuu. He said that he didn’t know. Then I started to say that in summer I wanted to go somewhere, but before I could get it all out, he asked if I had a boyfriend. I said no, and he said that I should get one while I’m young. I asked where to find them, and he said here. It somehow ended up with us jokingly setting up a date. I love the people who work here.

2 comments:

  1. Where DOES time go?

    I have no idea where to find boyfriends either, but if you happen to see a herd of them in Japan, let me know and I'll fly right over! I just need you to distract them for 23 hours while I am on the airplane!

    Also, thanks so much for the songs!! I didn't get a chance to DL them last night, but I will DL them today. You're the bestest!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, if I do, I'll let you know ASAP. I have a PS3; I can distract them.

    No problem! I just hope you like them! There were more songs that I wanted to send, but I can't find the files for on my computer - it's weird. If you have windows, I'd have more for you (they are wma files and I can't even play them ;___; )

    ReplyDelete