Friday, October 17, 2008

2008.10.17

Today I was supposed to go to 3 nen-sei, but they had tests, so I went to some 1 nen-sei instead. That was nice. With fall break being a break I feel like I haven't seen them in such a long time. I surprised one of the 3 nen-sei this morning by sneaking kinda behind him when he was at his desk and asking "What are you doing?" rather quickly. That was probably one of the highlights of my day.
"あっ、シェリー先生。びっくりした。"
Yeah, I won that round.
I left after lunch to go to a seminar on Second Language Acquisition. It was rather intriguing. Apparently it's basically impossible for a Japanese person to hear the different between 'r' and 'l' unless they hear it a lot between the time they are born and the time they are 1.5 years old. Kinda sucks.
After that, I went Halloween Supply shopping. I got me some nifty stuff. Namely this awesome outfit...and some markers. Still gotta get some candy and something to put the candy in. I also got an alarm clock. There was one that looked like a robot that I liked, but I couldn't figure out how to work it, so I gave up on that one. I also felt the rugs again. Yup, I'm definitely going to be getting that blue one come next week when I have my pay check. I also found some presents for my Mommy, and sister in the same building/department store. So, come pay day (and after finding something for my father...and wrapping 'em!!) I'll be posting that. A few months wait makes the opening that much better. I have no idea what he'd want though. Oh well. I'll find something.
After that, Moloko (yeah, I wasn't alone through all this...) and I went to the AER building. She tried on a jacket, I translated. She didn't buy jacket, I translated. It was a good thing. Then we went to Maruzen. She got a book, I got two. But seriously, Medical mystery and Physic Detective. Who can blame me? I mean, really. Think about it. Those are two separate books, but as one purchase it makes an awesome thought.
But, now I'm tired and will probably hit the hay early. There's a river party tomorrow that needs to be rested up for. ...and I also have to get out some cash since my little Halloween preparations today, and everywhere takes cash here. It's an all around good idea to have cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment