Saturday, October 25, 2008

2008.10.20

Nishi Nakada Elementary school keeps getting better and better. The lesson was pretty fun...at least for me. I got to possess some kids, and then give them all candy - good deal. I also got to wear a costume...as much as a child's cape and a mini hat go. But, what made the visit golden was that some boy kept yelling out 'panties' and then asked if I knew what that meant and I said yes and then called him "panties-kun" and we all had a laugh. Then they taught me that thumbs down means 'die' in Japan. Not too sure if that is true of if they are just kidding around with me, but, either way, I just laughed along with them. Then their teacher made them say sorry for all the rude things they had said to me (since his buddy did end up joining in the panty/gesture fun). It was kinda cute. I don't particularly care, but I can see why they don't want kids to think it's okay to yell such things out since I know some people who would have been offended.
Went back to school after that, and helped out with one class. Startled some kid 'cause I appeared at a window. It was a good lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment